Thursday, March 12, 2009

[SS501] Plastic Surgery or AirBrush?

It has been a couple of days since I wrote something on my blog because I have been working on getting SS501 website up and running. After a month of working on the website,. ss501-forever.com is up and running. There are still minor face-lifts that needs to happen, but overall everything looks good.

Talking about face-lifts, recently I came across articles on plastic surgery in Korea. It is actually fairly common. The blog that I came across was talking about how Park Min Jung MAY have had a nose job
[popseoul.com]. It is a fairly old article, but he is not the only one who went under the knife. Rumor has it that Kim Hyun Joong had plastic surgery to reduce the bags under his eyes. I think this is true because there is a big difference between his 2005 pictures and 2009. You be the judge.


milkteazoo.wordpress.com
[kdramaqueen.blogspot.com]


And of course you have the youngest member, Kim Hyung Joon who had his teeth straighten. I think he had a nose job too, but don't know...

[xanga.com] [imeem.com]

This made me think about air-brushing vs plastic surgery. I wonder which is cheaper from an entertainment standpoint? I think as a viewer, I prefer plastic surgery over air brushing. In the American entertainment industry, air-brushing is the norm. Practically every picture is airbrushed. I can't tell what is real anymore. It is deceiving. At least with plastic surgery it is a one time done deal--your fans know. With regards to SS501, I love their before pictures just as much as their after. A little imperfection just reminds me that they were once like us.


9 comments:

  1. in my plastic surgery eyes Kim Hyun Joong had 1 if not 2 nose jobs. The first one left his nose weird, than he went for a second one before BOF which left him with what you see lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is okay if he had plastic surgery.he still cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh well...who cares they
    still have their lovely voices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost every artist try to improve his look although most of ss501 who did surgery look great, The only one who really looks natural and in my eyes he is the most handsome is Young Saeng, he is charmimg, his voice make my heart tremble, I think he looks more mature now and he has his own natural beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. It hurts if Hyun Joong really did the surgery, not for me, but for Hyun Joong oppa for sure. Hurting his heart more and more if we keep asking if it's true or not. So just leave it. For me, he is the same Kim Hyun Joong that so cute and full of energy when dancing in X-Men and the wise JiHoo sunbae that I love the most. The only thing that has change is, he's mature and charming than before :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont find that weird as almost all celebrities do that (im not okay with it, just got used to hear things like that if i could say) ..
    but i think Kim hyung jun is much cuter now :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with cloudabovemyhead.
    i think it's normal in korea to have plastic surgery, what the heck! i still love them. they have a very nice voice, especially hyung jun..

    ReplyDelete
  8. i relly wanna c u once,but as m so far away from u i think it wont b possible, newaz always b happy. its me one of ur dream...... luv yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....... n 1 thng b4 surgery u was lukin more sexy... newaz tke care if u r free atleast read once k.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. dont matter if he did hes still adorable and why couldnt he anyway its his choice he stll looks adorable hee hee

    ReplyDelete